ADDITIONAL GUIDELINES IN USING THE CBMS HPQ CAPI CSENTRY APPLICATION
This document is prepared to supplement the guidelines/instructions provided in the EN Manual and Supervisors Manual and discussed during the operational trainings that were conducted from June to July 2022. These guidelines are prepared given the limitations in the software program and recent developments in the 2022 CBMS applications.
Particularly, the additional guidelines include the following sections:
- Reminders on the Updating of the CBMS Applications
- Additional Guidelines in Using the CBMS HPQ CAPI CSEntry Application
- Additional Guidelines for Using the CBMS Android Mobile Application
- For Enumerators
- For Supervisors
- Additional Instructions for Section G (Agricultural and Fishery Activities)
I. REMINDERS ON THE UPDATING OF THE CBMS APPLICATIONS
In updating the CBMS applications, update first the CBMS HPQ CSEntry CAPI Application then the CBMS Android Mobile Application.
Please be reminded of the instructions in updating the CBMS HPQ CSEntry CAPI Application:
a. For tablets that can scan QR codes: Refer to CBMS Rollout Advisory No. 2022-016, Pages 86 to 91 of Attachment 1
b. For tablets that cannot scan QR codes: Refer to CBMS Rollout Advisory No. 2022-019, Page 40
To make sure if the latest versions of the CBMS applications are loaded in the tablet, double check on the following:
a. CBMS HPQ CSEntry CAPI Application
b. CBMS Android Mobile Application
II. ADDITIONAL GUIDELINES IN USING THE CBMS HPQ CAPI CSENTRY APPLICATION
Pay extra attention in scanning the QR Code of the PhilSys ID on item A13 when code 1 (Specify PCN by scanning) is chosen, since the tablet’s camera can also scan the barcode below the QR code. To ensure that the one scanned is the QR code, check the next field by clicking on the ‘Next’ button. It should reflect the 16-digit PCN of the PhilSys ID.
If the tablet cannot scan the QR code of the PhilSys ID, the EN may encode manually by choosing code 2 (Specify PCN by encoding).
For items C09, D08, D12 and other items with similar structure, select a TVET course/ volunteer work activity. A pop-up message will appear asking ‘Add other TVET course?’/ ‘Add another PSOC activity?’. Select ‘Yes’ if there are other TVET courses/voluntary works then select the course/volunteer work activity. Otherwise, select ‘No’.
When going to a specific section (for example, section G) from section A, pop-up messages will appear like ‘Add other TVET course?’ and ‘Add another PSOC activity?’. If this happens, just click on ‘No’.
In answering items H02, H03 and H05, indicate first the amount of income in the ‘amount’ fields. Then, tick ‘Yes’ in ‘Did the respondent agree to answer the question, …...?’. If the respondent refused to answer the question, leave the ‘amount’ field blank and tick ‘No’ in ‘Did the respondent agree to answer the question, …...?’.
In answering item H03 Z (Other source of income), specify first the other source of income then indicate the corresponding amount. If there are other sources of income, reflect them in the next fields with their corresponding amount. For cases where there are no other sources of income, indicate ‘NA’ in each ‘specify’ field and leave the ‘amount’ fields blank. Then, answer ‘Yes’ in ‘Did the respondent agree to answer the question…?’. If the respondent refuses to answer this question, do the same but answer ‘No’ in ‘Did the respondent agree to answer the question…?’.
Specific additional instructions on Section G (Agriculture and Fishery Activities) are provided in pages 9 to 13 of this document.
III. ADDITIONAL GUIDELINES FOR USING THE CBMS ANDROID MOBILE APPLICATION
A. FOR ENUMERATORS
In the Proximity panel, if the housing unit is within the same building, check if the selected previously tagged BSN is correct. If not, select the correct BSN from the list of previously tagged BSNs.
After accepting the case in CSEntry CBMS Form 2, the application will be redirected to the list of enumerated households panel (Ongoing, Completed tabs) of the CBMS Android Mobile Application. To proceed to the next interview, tap “Add New Form 2” button in the Ongoing tab. After this, the Classification panel in the CBMS Android Mobile Application will be shown. Proceed with filling out the fields in the Classification panel. Pay extra attention to the previously geotagged data (BSN, HUSN, HSN, Latitude, and Longitude) shown in the screen. If the geotagged data shown in the screen did not reflect the previously geotagged data, tap the “Back” button then tap “Add New Form 2”. This will refresh the previously geotagged data in the Classification panel of CBMS Android Mobile Application.
To modify cases previously geotagged following CBMS Rollout Advisory No. 2022-020 and modify partially filled out HPQs, use “Modify” button for partially filled out HPQs with result of visit “9 - Callbacks (not yet completed)”. By doing this, the previously entered visit number will be retained.
On the other hand, use the “Interview” button for HPQs with result of visit “8 - Callbacks (with appointment date). By doing this, additional visit number will be reflected in the application.
B. FOR SUPERVISORS
- Since data submission is still deactivated in the CBMS Android Mobile Application for enumerators, there is only a limited number of features that could be used by supervisors using the CBMS Mobile Application.
- In this case, the PSA focal persons are enjoined to assist in the creation of CAWI accounts for all barangays in the cities and municipalities.
- After barangay LGU accounts for CAWI are created, the team supervisor shall connect his/her tablet to the internet.
- Then, click on “Download workload” in the main menu so that CBMS Form 4 CAWI accounts of other barangays can be opened and edited by the team supervisor while connected to the internet during face-to-face interview with barangay LGU respondent.
- CAS may proceed with the data verification after the BPQ CAWI responses are verified by TS.
- If issues persist, kindly wait for updated CBMS Android Mobile Application to be able to proceed with interviewing or accessing CAWI accounts of other barangays.
- Refer to pages 5 to 7 of CBMS Rollout Advisory No. 2022-005 to check CAWI submissions of the barangay and city/municipal LGU.
- Those labeled as “-LGU Account-“ refer to accounts created for city/municipal LGUs for CBMS Form 7 CAWI purposes.
- Click on the button “CAWI Page” to access their CBMS Form 7 online.
The CBMS Form 7 can also be filled out as a self-administered questionnaire in printed format on a limited basis. On a weekly basis, the PSA CBSS shall issue reminders on the status of the CBMS Form 7. PSA focal persons are requested to remind the HCAS to follow up with city/municipal LGU data submissions based on the status report.
- In the interim, the CBMS Form 17 shall be implemented using paper-and-pencil interview (PAPI), and can be used to manually match or compare with the data collected by the enumerators. When inconsistencies are found between household level data collected by the enumerators and those collected by the supervisor, the enumerator and supervisor should discuss. Any revision in household level data due to errors in concept implementation can be done by accessing the stored data in the enumerator’s tablet. Such data can be updated using the Modify button in the CBMS Android Mobile Application.
IV. ADDITIONAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR SECTION G (Agriculture and Fishery Activities)
When code 9999 (Others) is selected on items G18 and G20, ‘9999 – Others…’ is reflected in the ‘Specify ‘field. Delete this and input the correct crop/equipment.
On item G20 (Permanent and temporary crops), identify first the household member who is a growing of crops operator. Then, select a permanent/temporary crop that he/she cultivated during the reference period. If there are other crops that the same household member had cultivated, select again the household member, and identify the other crop. Repeat the procedure until all the crops are recorded. If there are other growing of crops operators in the household, answer ‘Yes’ in the question ‘Is there another household member who is a crop operator?’ then repeat the procedure.
If there are operators of livestock and/or poultry in the household, select the names of livestock and/or poultry operators. In the list of livestock and poultry raised or tended, select all applicable types of livestock and poultry raised or tended for all of these livestock and/or poultry operators.
For cases where a member is both engaged in Growing of crops (G12 A = 1) and Livestock and/or poultry raising (G12 B = 1) but is an operator in only one of these agricultural activities, select code 1 (Operator in own household farm) in G13 and reflect in G14 all the activities done by the household member. Then, follow the instructions below.
Example: Household member A is a livestock and/or poultry raising operator and a hired manager of another household farm, or establishment/enterprise/institution agricultural holding for growing of crops
A. Operator in Livestock and/or poultry raising only.
- Select the first member in the list of household members in G20 then add a note that there is no growing of crops operator in the household.
- Select 'Other crops not elsewhere classified' (code 9999) in the permanent and temporary crops then change the 'Specify' field from '9999 - Other crops not elsewhere classified' to ‘NA’.
- Answer 'No' in 'Are there more permanent and temporary crops cultivated?' and 'Is there another household member who is a crop operator?'.
- In G21 (Number of draft animals, agricultural equipment, facilities, and other tools), encode '1' and select 'Others, specify' (code 9999). Then, type 'NA' in the 'Specify' field.
- In G22 (Number of owned/rented/rent-free draft animals/ agricultural equipment, facilities, and other tools), enter '1', '0', and '0'.
- In G23 (Three-year crop farming operation), answer 'No'.
B. Operator in Growing of crops only.
Select ‘No qualified member’ on item G27. Then, add a note that there is no livestock and/or poultry raising operator in the household.
For cases where a member is both engaged in Aquaculture (G12 C = 1) and Fish capture (G12 D = 1) but is an operator in only one of these agricultural activities, select code 1 (Operator in own household fishery activity) in G15 and reflect in G16 all the activities done by the household member. Then, follow the instructions below.
Example: Household member A is an aquaculture operator and a hired manager in another household fishery activity or establishment/enterprise/institution fishery business.
C. Operator in Fish capture only.
- Input ‘1’ (one) on item G34 (Number of aquafarms operated).
- Select ‘No qualified member’ on item G35. Then, add a note that there is no aquafarm operator in the household.
D. Operator in Aquaculture only
Select ‘No qualified member’ on item G47. Then, add a note that there is no fish capture operator in the household.